AT A GLANCE KEY CONTACT INFORMATION
FIRE, HAZARDOUS, AND MEDICAL
STREET LIGHT OR POWER OUTAGES
WATER BREAKS OR MUNICIPAL EMERGENCIES
EMERGENCY - CALL 911
Village Office: (403) 642-3877
Power Outage: 310-WIRE (9473)
During Office Hours: (403) 642-3877
The Milk River Public Works department picks up garbage on Thursdays. Please ensure all garbage is placed within the bins and the large wheels of the bin are placed in the gutter, facing outwards.
Heavy snowfalls and slippery streets may necessitate that garbage collection be restricted to streets that are safely accessible. When this happens, road conditions will be monitored throughout the day, and if possible, Public Works Department will try to pick up on your street. If your material has not been picked up by 2:30 p.m., please bring it back inside and set it out again next week.
The Village provides a Recycling Trailer that is located at the Public Works Shop 111 3rd Avenue. The following is a list of items accepted at the Recycling Trailer:
- Milk Jugs and any Opaque (Cloudy) Plastic Containers (Plastic #2): Wash and dry, labels & lids need not be removed, crush.
- Plastic (Plastic #1 to #7): Rinse, remove wire handles, labels & lids need not be removed, No motor oil containers, toys, household hazardous waste, items with contents remaining or Styrofoam is not accepted.
- Newspapers and Magazines: includes inserts, all glossy magazines, small catalogues (1/2” thick), Not in plastic bags.
- Mixed Paper: printed white and coloured papers, shredded paper, coated and uncoated papers, manila file folders, copy paper, envelopes, junk mail, no plastics or gift wrap paper.
- Tin Cans: Wash thoroughly, top lid slightly attached and pushed inward, labels can remain, do not crush.
- Clear Glass Jars: Labels can remain, must be clean, lids must be removed (put metal lids in with tin cans), no coloured glass, chinaware, porcelain or ceramics.
The Warner Transfer Station will be open on the following days:
Thursday – 10:00am to 3:00pm
Saturdays – 10:00am to 3:00pm
Please ensure that all vinyl siding and carpet is cut into pieces of a maximum of 5 feet in length.
Contact 403.642.3877 for more information
Bulk Water Filling Station
The Village of Warner operates one bulk filling station across from the County of Warner Ag/Maintenance Shop where residents and businesses can obtain potable water – a fee applies. The bulk filling station is operated on a FOB system and open twenty four hours a day. The FOB must be obtained at the Village office.
Purchase a keyfob for a onetime fee of $15. Bulk water can be pre purchased for $2.00 per 1000 liters. With the keyfob system you will be emailed after each fill up that will advise you how much money you have left on your account. Your keyfob will not work if you have no funds available on your account.
Please pre pay with either cash, check or e-tranfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Village office 403.642.3877 for information.
Bills are sent out monthly.
Go paperless! Sign up today, go paperless with the Village of Warner e-billing service!
The sign up process will require:
- Utility account number
- Name of customer
- Valid email address
Why register for e-billing?
- Be notified by email when your e-bill is ready
- Direct delivery to your inbox
- Reduce your monthly paper bill clutter
- Eliminate delays from standard mail delivery
- Better for our environment
Utility bills will be sent out by email or by traditional postal mail service monthly, depending on which method is set as the customer’s preference.
In order to sign up for the new e-billing service, send a email to email@example.com with utility account number, name of customer and a valid email address.
The Village of Warner utilizes the Ridge Regional Public Safety Services (RRPSS) to ensure the bylaws of the municipality are upheld. The officers patrols the community each week, investigating animal complaints, unsightly premises complaints, and various other municipal concerns. Fines will be issued for non-compliance in certain cases. To contact our Peace Officers, please contact the Town Office during regular business hours, or after hours by calling 587-813-0791.
The Warner Volunteer Fire Department exists to protect and prevent fire loss and/or damage to the citizens of the Village of Warner and County of Warner, while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
The Warner Fire Hall is located on 200 County Road. The volunteer service operates with approximately 20 members, all dedicated men and women trained to serve their community, and runs two Fire Pumper trucks, one Water Truck, one Bush Truck and a Rescue Vehicle.
Phone: (403) 642-3877
Fax: (403) 642-2011
If you require Ambulance or Fire Services for any reason, please call 911.