In the summer 1945, a motion was passed that would lead to the establishment of the Warner Memorial Library. A committee solicited the help of the Warner community who responded warmly and enthusiastically. In 1945 the library was incorporated and throughout 1946, money and books were donated. The Elks Club made available the ladies' cloak room in their hall to house the 650 donated books and on March 29, 1947, the library was operating. The Warner Lions Club also became involved, and planned for the establishment of a permanent library building. They purchased an air force building from the base in Lethbridge and with volunteer help, tore it down and set it up on a donated lot. The Warner Memorial Library had finally become a reality and was officially opened January 16, 1951.
The building was erected as a memorial to those men and women who were the builders of the community and to those who served their country in the wars. In 1981, the Warner Memorial Library became a municipal library with a board chosen from the community and one Village representative. In April 1998, Warner Memorial Library joined Chinook Arch Regional Library System.