How Do I File A Complaint?

  • font size:A
  • A
  • A

Provincial Legislation and City Bylaws outline how complaints must be made

  • Your complaint must be submitted on the “Assessment Review Board Complaint Form” and the form must be completed in full

  • You must be the assessed owner. An Agent may file a complaint on your behalf if you, the assessed owner, complete an “Agent Authorization” form

  • Your complaint must explain why you think the information or assessed value shown on your Assessment Notice or Tax Notice is incorrect

  • You must include the correct information. If you disagree with the assessed value, you must include what you believe is the assessed value

  • The complaint form and required fee, payable to the Village of Warner, must be received together by the Assessment Review Board office no later than 4:30 pm on the deadline date indicated on your assessment notice.  Late complaints are not valid and will not be heard.  Electronic mail and faxed complaints will not be accepted. This time limit is legislated and cannot be extended. 

Filing fees are charged per roll number for the filing of complaints to the Assessment Review Board.


The filing fee will only be refunded when there is a change made to the issue under complaint.  The refund will be issued to the name of the applicant or company that filed the initial complaint. 


Attach a copy of the Assessment Notice to facilitate the process and ensure accuracy.


Mail or Deliver the Complaint form and required fee to:


Assessment Review Board Clerk

Box 88

Warner, Alberta

T0K 2L0