What can I file a complaint about? (MGA Sec 460 (5))

  • font size:A
  • A
  • A

Your complaint may be about any of the following matters, as shown on an assessment notice:

  • An assessment

  • An assessment class

  • An assessment sub-class

  • The type of property

  • The type of improvement

  • Whether the property or business is assessable

  • Whether the property or business is exempt from taxation under Part 10 of the Municipal Government Act

  • School support*

  • The description of a property or business*

  • The name and mailing address of an assessed person or taxpayer*

*to eliminate the need for you to file a complaint and attend a board hearing, corrections to these matters can be made by contacting  the Village Office @ 403-642-3877. 

You do not have the right to make a complaint about any tax rate or past assessment years.